Inward opening metal door without window blocked by ladder

Our storage room had some ladders in it and the ladders fell over and have blocked the door from opening. The door opens inwards and is metal without a window. Would consider cutting a hole in the door to install a window if needed to gain access. Does anyone out there have any advice?
Thanks, Rachael Bowles

Any chance that the door opens enough that the hinges can be cut with a reciprocating saw?
snipped-for-privacy@vcoms.net wrote:

the storage room has no windows i take it.
a metal door indoors?
what are the walls made out of, the ceiling?
want to hang a picture on the wall next to the door?
push a yardstick or rod or length of pipe under the door or above the door to push ladder back to standing position. give this puzzle to a teenager with a ball of string and a coathanger. buy a sewer snake or tape and go fish. buy a peephole and drill a hole for it it's cheaper than a window. if the room is on an outside wall and you were planning on drilling insulation holes, now is a great time.
snipped-for-privacy@vcoms.net wrote:

push a yardstick or rod or length of pipe under the door or above the door to push ladder back to standing position. give this puzzle to a teenager with a ball of string and a coathanger. buy a sewer snake or tape and go fish. buy a peephole and drill a hole for it it's cheaper than a window. if the room is on an outside wall and you were planning on drilling insulation holes, now is a great time.
snipped-for-privacy@vcoms.net wrote:

buffalobill wrote:

are you insane? you tinker with forces beyond your reasoning!

What's the worst that could happen?
http://www.radgraphics.net/images/main/ArtilleryShell.jpg
--
May no harm befall you,
flip
snipped-for-privacy@vcoms.net wrote:

What is next room, opposite the door? What is above the room? If attic space above, and there is a ceiling light fixture, you might be able to remove the fixture and then hook the ladder to move it.
snipped-for-privacy@vcoms.net wrote in news:6mqqi2h8fa8deh81vqbm5k48klk3uapncq@ 4ax.com:

Attic above not to close to the eaves? Assuming drywall ceiling, small peep hole, small hole to shine light in and small hole for like some 12ga wire.
On Wed, 11 Oct 2006 18:14:31 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@vcoms.net wrote:

If there's a gap between the top of the door and the frame, you can probably use a metal-rod, some wire, and a jury-rigged grapple to move the ladders enough to get an arm around the door. (Prop the door in place with blocks before you stick your arm in, or you'll be calling Fire/Rescue to cut you loose from the house).
Personally, I kind of like the idea of cutting a hatch in the door itself. But then, that door was my favorite part of _Monsters Inc._ (Or maybe a "secret" trap door from an upstairs closet?)
I'll admit that, barring strange wall-textures and psychic stress, cutting through the wall is likely to be cheaper than cutting through the door.
--Goedjn.
I've had this happen to me before and the solution is really easy. Have the doorknob turned so it will open, have another person with good shoulders ram or push the door open. Unless one has fallen so it is against the wall directly opposite the door and holds it shut, the ladder(s) will move out of the way enough.
Then just push/ram the door until you can actually fit inside and move the ladders.
snipped-for-privacy@vcoms.net wrote:

Backside of hinged door is laundry in the house. Suggested to son that he move the washer/dryer and cut drywall through both walls to move the blocking material and repair drywall. He was about to remove metal flashing around door to gain access to structure behind the cut whatever to get door movable then whoknowswhat. I think he listened to moving appliances. Will post meaningful happenings if any occur. Thank you all for your ideas!