Inundated with Ants

Carpenter and regular and nothing is working. Any ideas other than paying someone big bucks? This is the worst I've ever seen!

Reply to
Peony Astrid

FIPRONIL. Its what Terminix uses. Buy it in HD in "Combat" syringe tubes of gel, and squirt it though a hole (or wherever the ants are). They take it back to the queen and it kills the colony. Worked for me.

Reply to
dean

I could send you some Antlions.

I have about a hundred of them here. I put jelly on wax paper and dump the ants near their cones. As much fun as watching a bug zapper, with no smell:)

Did you try Amdro, also sold as Grant's? It works.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

As long as the ants are attracted to the bait and consume it. Terminix would of used Maxforce baits, who the makers also make Combat, except with a different attractant.

Lar

Reply to
Lar

If you are sure you have carpenter ants Advance Carpenter Ant granules are one of the two baits that I know that carp ants will seem to always eat and many other ants also will feed off it as well. But sometimes with the smaller ants it can be a hit and miss on what they will feed on. Wondering if you are in an area of lots of rain this year, the small ants will tend to stay outside when it dries up some.

Lar

Reply to
Lar

I've tried a number of things over the years without any real success, until earlier this spring when I bought a jug of Amdro Ant-Block crystals. Spread the bait out as directed, and three days later -- no ants. None. And they haven't been back.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Lar -I did some research a while back and I thought that Terminix uses the same thing - Fipronil. Are you sure its different?

Reply to
dean

What was mentioned above may be the active ingredients in this, but I have had success with Raid Liquid Ant Killer. Comes in a little red bottle. Just put it on some wax paper near where they are coming into your house and they eat and return to nest and died. 2-3 days and there isn't an ant to be found.

Reply to
Jon

dean wrote: >>

Fipronil is the active ingredient of of some ant baits for both Combat and Maxforce. The same company makes both of them. Maxforce brand is sold to the professionals, Combat is sold to the home owner market. When Maxforce Pharaoh Ant bait first came out on the market 17/18 years ago, it was a miracle worker for pharaoh ants..they are pretty much a non issue these days when before we were pulling our hair out trying to get rid of them. The maker made it clear to the "pros" that the product would not be on the do it yourself market and in just a couple of years later combat came out. Their reasoning was since they don't use the same attractant it was a different product. But with any of the baits on the market if the ants do accept and eat it they will disappear.

Lar

Reply to
Lar

Log on

and purchase liquid ant bait. Put it out in shallow pans (bottle caps work nicely) and let the ants drink to their hearts content. Worked for me. Several years later, not an ant to be seen.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I've used Terro on both household and outside carpenter ants with 100% success. Nothing else has ever worked at all.

Reply to
<h>

Reply to
frank