Internal Revenue Scam OT)

Page 2 of 2
(PeteCresswell) posted for all of us...

Heh heh yea they make themselves immune from the common deplorable...
--
Tekkie

Per Bob F:

That functionality is available if you use a VOIP provider like CallCentric.com.
But I like the simplicity of the device a lot better.... seems like there should be some out there considering the need.
--
Pete Cresswell

On 14/09/16 09:38, snipped-for-privacy@att.net wrote:

I dunno about USA, but in Hong Kong, the caller ID can be forged. Don't trust it. Call the official phone number listed in your government website instead. Don't just blindly follow a given number.
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty!
Per Mr. Man-wai Chang:

True in the USA too. On my VOIP service, I have the CallerID spoofed on my cell phone to the cell phone's number when I am using Bria to call via VOIP instead of tMobile.
--
Pete Cresswell

On 14/09/16 22:32, (PeteCresswell) wrote:

The caller ID is not far from the fax number on incoming fax... I suspect...
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty!
You don't have much credibility when you can't even spell my name correctly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
n Wed, 14 Sep 2016 12:44:41 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@att.net wrote:

Can't tell whom you mean if you can't quote some context in the thread. I asked about that before. I was responding to nutcase Burke
On Wed, 14 Sep 2016 13:27:37 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@att.net wrote:

Actually, you were replying to yourself.

... thus diminishing your own credibility ..