Internal Revenue Scam OT)

Consider the numb-nuts in charge and that should explain why the Feds are a no-show.

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

Put your incoming calls on VOIP (phone over the internet).

Then, sign up for "nomorobo.com". (assuming your ISP/VOIP service will handle it)

I had my doubts about it. But for non-commerical use (homeowner), it works, and quite well.

Phone rings once, then callerID displays call number. Nothing more.

Reply to
John Albert

I got 2 IRS scam calls yesterday within one hour. Maybe 6-7 in the past 3 weeks.

Reply to
Vic Smith

I, too, have an old land line used for business with fax machine. Connection is FIOS as they are getting rid of copper here but not billed or serviced as VoIP. I could not get an old answering machine to work with it and the fax so will pick it up if I am nearby.

99% of all calls are telemarketers or scammers. Even most of the faxes are spam.

I think, particularly when I got it many years ago, that it is under my name as Sr. which I got as a business phone at homeowner price as additional phone. Seniors are targeted by spammers as many are more susceptible to fraud.

It's totally disgusting what has happened to our phones. One guy even said he would vote for president anyone that said they would clean up this mess.

Reply to
Frank

The caller ID is not far from the fax number on incoming fax... I suspect...

Reply to
Mr. Man-wai Chang

Per Bob F:

That functionality is available if you use a VOIP provider like CallCentric.com.

But I like the simplicity of the device a lot better.... seems like there should be some out there considering the need.

Reply to
(PeteCresswell)

Per John Albert:

That's what I was thinking about if/when I go over to CallerID/Simultaneous ring.

Had not considered that Simultaneous Ring might be available via my VOIP provider.... Gotta look into that.

Reply to
(PeteCresswell)

Per Frank:

I'm probably closer to that guy that I would care to admit.

And the cynic in me says that if those robocallers that the Pennsylvania State DA claims cannot be prosecuted were to threaten political figures above a certain level, said robocallers would be behind bars within 24 hours.

Reply to
(PeteCresswell)

(PeteCresswell) posted for all of us...

Heh heh yea they make themselves immune from the common deplorable...

Reply to
Tekkie®