Intermittent problem with the stove-top electrical igniters

I have an Amana ACS3350AS stove, it is approximately 4 years old. For the past few weeks I have had intermittent problems with the stove-top electrical igniters. Most of the time everything works fine, but on occasion while trying to light one of the burners there is no spark on any burner (normally when you turn on one burner all 4 spark). I can try ten times in a row and there will be no spark on any burner. If I leave it alone for an hour and come back the problem goes away and everything works great and consistently for the next few days. Then a few days later, for no reason at all, the problem returns for a few hours.

When there is a problem it is on all four burners. The oven is not effected.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Reply to
Jack B. Pollack

clean the burners and ignitors thoroughly.

food debris build up and short out the ignition system. can come and go from high humidity, which helps shorts to occur.

whens the last time you cleaned it completely, using a tooth brush?

for most its never..........

Reply to
hallerb

Probably the power unit that starts the igniters. The burners uses the same for all, the oven is a different one, thus no affect in your case. Lift the range top and be sure all connections are in place and solid and clean. Be sure nothing is causing a short, like moisture or gunk from a spilled pot.

You may get a better diagnosis from

or

Edwin Pawlowski

clean the burners and ignitors thoroughly.

food debris build up and short out the ignition system. can come and go from high humidity, which helps shorts to occur.

whens the last time you cleaned it completely, using a tooth brush?

for most its never..........

Thanks for your reply.

It has been very humid in the city for the last few weeks so this part makes sense. The burners and igniters are spotless (although they have never been specifically cleaned). Also, since all 4 igniters spark when any burner is used wouldn't the other igniters spark even if one were dirty?

Reply to
Jack B. Pollack

Thanks for your reply. The range top does not flip up like on most ovens. I am probably going to have to look for a service manual (unless someone can give me some general ideas about how to open and what the power unit looks like).

I am also going to post at the 2 site above.

Thanks

Reply to
Jack B. Pollack

hi does your range also get very hot when your oven is in use?

Reply to
roberto loredo