Intermittent problem with Goodman GMP075-3

I am a home owner and have a Goodman GMP075-3 (Serial # 9901611013) with a strange intermittent problem. The call for heat is made from the thermostat, the ID motor starts, after a short period of time the burners fire up. Now intermittently, it sounds like the burners are struggling to stay lit (sounds stupid but sort of a whoosh, whoosh, whoosh sound). After a few seconds the gas valve clicks and shuts off the burners. With the ID fan still running this process will repeat until the burners stay lit, usually only one more time. The LED on the controller board has never flashed, just stays solid red.

I have called a professional who has been out three times. First time he replaced the flame sensor, second time he replaced the pressure switch. The last time he came out he cleaned the burners and the entire unit. None of this helped.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Ed

Reply to
Ed

Bubba,

I forgot to mention that the inducer was replaced a few months ago.

Ed

Bubba wrote:

Reply to
Ed

Jim,

I have 2 of these units in my home, only one is acting up, plus a gas water heater, but good idea.

Thanks!

Reply to
Ed

See if your gas utility will send someone out. There is at least a chance that this is a supply (pressure) problem.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

Cracked heat exchanger, wrong burners, weak inducer, etc Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Not to sound snide, but I'd call another pro out. Try to get a recommendation from Goodman, or the local Goodman factory dealer. I haven't had to work on too many Goodman's myself, my luck I guess. Has the tech taken any pressure reading on the gas valve, checked heat exchanger or inducer assembly?

Reply to
Joseph

The tech did check the pressure at the gas valve. It was 5 and he adjusted it to 3.5. The inducer was replaced a couple of months ago, I don't know about the heat exchanger, I'll ask on the next visit.

Ed

Reply to
Ed