Intermittent Gas Dryer

I think I have an idea what I need to do from searching the group, but this is what I have.

GE Hotpoint Gas Dryer - Model DLL2450R (About 13 years old)

Threw in a shirt this morning (didn't feel like ironing). Took out about 20 minutes later and it was slightly warm, but not hot like it should be for still being in the middle of the cycle.

I've had a couple previous loads this week not dry at all. Thought I was just going insane and forgot to start the dryer. After those loads I reset the cycle and watched the ignitor glow and flame light normally. Loads sat overnight before I found them, so something may have had time to reset itself and then lit properly. This morning the ignitor would not glow while I watched.

I've also had several loads over the last couple months not dry completly.

I'll clean all of the lint, check the exahust, etc when I get home. If thats not it, gas valve coils my most likely issue?

Reply to
tev9999

More likely a thermostat somewhere. There would be at least two, on to turn it on an off normally and a second to turn it off if it overheated.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

I found DLL2450RAL DLL2450RBL DLL2450RCL

See if the ignitor is getting burnt/acred where it clips into the holder...

Coils on the gas valve are a common trouble maker!

jeff Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid

No problem on blockages or airflow. I could not get a glow out of the ignitor at all, so I am guessing a thermostat went bad somewhere, or the coils, or .... Decided I got my $300 out of it over the last 13 years and not worth the service call and parts. It was making some squeaking noises too, so I probably needed new bearings too. Ran to Costco and picked up a $380 Whirlpool that now dries a load faster than the washer can wash.

Reply to
tev9999