Intermittant hum in my conduit

I'm getting an intermittant hum in my electrical conduit in my garage. It is actually pretty regular around every 30 seconds or so. It seems like maybe a surge?? If you hold onto the conduit, you can actually feel it vibrate.
Any ideas??

What is the conduit connected to?
kdaybreak had written this in response to http://www.thestuccocompany.com/maintenance/Re-Intermittant-hum-in-my-conduit-293251-.htm :
John Grabowski wrote:

Did you ever find out what was causing this? I am experiencing somehing similar with an electrical conduit in my garage. The wires go from the breaker box and feed into the kitchen outlets. I don't think it is actually an electrical issue as it persists even after the main is shut down. It is very cold today in WI and wondering if that could have something to do with it. Any ideas? The hum is high pitched and constant, not intermittent.
-------------------------------------

We might have some if you'll tell us what's in the conduit

A hum?

He very well could have discovered where all the honey bees have gone

Good thought. :-))
snipped-for-privacy@socal.rr.com wrote:

Could be a resonance thing - strp light, freezer/ fridge attached. When you touch the conduit does that damp it?
snipped-for-privacy@socal.rr.com wrote:

across the conduit and a good ground. Something leaking 60 hz into the metal can produce a hum and what feels like a vibration to your fingertips. I used to get that with radios powered by cheap transformers, and I also got it on some idiot-installed florescent lights in my laundry room.
aem sends...
It's electrical conduit that goes to a bank of outlets in the garage. It does dampen when you touch it. if it were 60Hz why would it do it at near 30 second intervals?
I'll have to try the voltmeter.