Intermintent Shower Drain

The shower in my master bath has a peculiar problem with drainage. About half the time, the drain will backup within a minute of turning the shower on, and the shower floor will fill up with about a half inch to an inch of water. The water drains pretty fast when the shower is finally turned off (~30 seconds). The other half of the time, the shower drain does not really backup at all, barely reaching the top of the trap. There doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason for when this happens. I will take a shower in the morning and it backs up. 10 minutes later my girlfriend will take a shower and not have any problems.

Any ideas?

Reply to
ThePope78705

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news:1149085989.254898.5020

Are you both using the same volume of water? Are you stepping on the drain hole while showering?

Reply to
GoHabsGo

Could be a partially blocked vent. Bird nest? When bird in nest you get backup, no bird, no backup. Just a thought. if you have access to roof above bath look in with a flashlight and check for an obstruction. Be careful on roof.

Report back what you see.

Inviato da X-Privat.Org - Registrazione gratuita

No

It could be an air bubble trapped by the water flow. Try tapping your foot over the drain, or turning it off/on (the drain) a couple times to clear the bubble.

Bob

Reply to
Bob

We are both using the same volume of water. Thanks for the suggestions, I will test them out and get back with the answers.

Reply to
ThePope78705