Interior vs. exterior primer?

What's the difference between primers that are labled for "interior", "exterior", and "interior/exterior" use? What would be the problem with using an exterior primer indoors or vice versa? Is the interior/exterior variety any less weather-resistent than strict exterior grade?
most good primer is rated for both not one or the other. such as bullseye.
randy

why ask why? i mean you expect answers besides the obvious ones? you doing a research paper or painting your house?
there's a 1-800 number on the paint cans. most manufacturers have web sites. if you feel the need, im sure someone at the paint company would explain in excruciating detail exactly how the primer works for each situation and which is best.
randy

I guess I', obtuse, but it's not at all obvious to me. There's nothing on the can or anywere else in print that I can find that says what the difference is, beyond the label. I asked a guy at the paint store and he said something about how an exterior primer was "more flexible" but couldn't elaborate beyond that.
I'm painting the my house, of course, - the interior for now - and I have quite a bit of exterior primer that will go bad before I have a chance to use it up. I'd like to use it inside rather than buying more interior primer unless theres a reason not to. I'd hate for my for my new paint to fall off, or my walls to melt into puddles, or to open a portal to the 12th dimension of hell.

Well, I do feel the need. So, since you don't know or prefer not to share your special knowledge, I guess that's an alternative.

there is more temperature variation outside than inside. hence more expansion/contraction. exterior primer/paint needs to be able to handle this.

you are fine to use exterior inside. its the other way you might have problems. i think it only opens the 11th dimension though <g>
randy

Thank you.