Interior use of PT lumber.

I want to put a wood floor over a concrete garage floor. Local code insists that Pressure Treated (PT) lumber be used for the 2"x4"s lying on the floor. PT is produced by impregnating 2"x4"s with Chromated Copper Arsenate (CCA) which is very toxic, at least by touching. I am not aware of any data which addresses the toxicity of covered PT lumber.
I am apprehensive about using PT on the inside of my home, even allowing for the PT to be covered by wood flooring, carpet pad and carpet. Am I being paranoid here?
Peter.

It's not even very toxic to touch, just don't lick it. Wearing gloves, and being carefull about wearing dustmasks when creating sawdust is a good idea.

Yes. The CCA is inside the wood. Very little of it leaches out, when it's not actually dripping wet.
Even if you do habitually keep your carpet sopping wet, it's not going to actually present a health danger unless you vacuum up that water every night and drink it.
The only time you should be cautious is when you are doing anything (sanding, cutting) that creates large amounts of sawdust. Unless you do it every single day, it's not really an issue.
--
http://inquisitor.i.am/ | mailto: snipped-for-privacy@i.am | Ian Stirling.

No, you're not. I don't think that's a good idea either.
However, consider that CCA has been banned, effective (I think) 1 October of this year. Arsenic-free treated lumber is already available at many dealers. In my area, Menard's has had the non-CCA treated lumber for several months, but Lowe's and Home Depot were still selling CCA lumber the last time I checked. So look around.
Thanks guys. Lots of info there. I guess the real issue is under what circumstances can arsenic in CCA become volatile.
Peter.

insists
floor.
which