Interior french drains

Hello, I am investigating having interior french drains installed due to a big flood a few weeks ago. Before the waterproofing company shows up, I am trying to get as much knowledge as possible.
i have stud walls that are finished. The stud wall is about 6 inches off the foundation wall.
Can they install french drains that far from the foundation wall? Does the drain go all around the perimeter of the basement? What is the toughest part of the job for the installers? For a 1500 sq ft basement, would I need two sump pumps?
Any other information you could provide would be great. Thank you.
Yes they can.
It depends on what the problem is. Sometimes a partial drain is o.k bu there is always the possibility that the water will come up in anothe spot if only corrected in one area.
Needing more than one pump is rare unless it makes for easie installation, or there is an underground spring or something. Do yo really need a waterproofing system? Alot of people have had wate problems this year that have never had a problem before due to th extremely high (and rare) rainfall this year?
Get several estimates and check references and guarantee. Also migh want to see there work in progress, a job with finished walls, not a unfinished basement. If they don't have a job in progress you can see go elsewhere. Waterproofing is messy work and there is a very wid range of workmanshi
-- hwm5411 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- hwm54112's Profile: http://www.homeplot.com/member.php?userid  View this thread: http://www.homeplot.com/showthread.php?t `47
Your goal should be to eliminate the water BEFORE it gets inside the house.