Interior Door Replacement...

Hi,
I have to replace an entire interior door and frame (it's broken). The door/frames they sell at Lowe's are all one style (the cut of the frame border) and it doesn't match what ALL the doors in my house are. My door frames are more plain, the ones they sell at Lowes have 2 groves in the frame. Am I out of luck? Is it impossible to find a matching door frame style? I live in a subdivision and my house was built in 1984 if that helps anyone. Is there somewhere I can look at a selection of door frame styles? Thanks in advance.
-Ryan
I think you must be talking about the casing. The jamb in usually only the 4 1/2" wide boards with the hinges, strike, and door head. I think that you will buy the casing separately. This might be a lot easier to do at a real lumber yard.

So, you are saying, I can buy just the frame and keep my current door from a lumber yard? Lumber yards sell pre-assembled door frames? I guess I'll try to call some local lumber yards then.

If you don't know the part of a door, then you're probably not ready to replace them. Go to building supply center (not a Lowes or HD) and explain the problem. Do it next to a door so you can point to the damaged parts. Then see what they say.
--
Jim Sullivan
Don't plant your bad days, they turn into bad weeks,

The
are.