interior door hinge mounting problem

hello all,
hoping somebody may know a trick or two or a workaround to my problem.
renovating an older house (20's or 30's craftsman type). the door walls are studs, wrapped with 12" lap boards. we have put up sheetrock on top of that.
since the original was stud, lap boards and wallpaper; now i have about 1/2 inch (each side) to make up. i will add an inch to the door frame to make up for the difference.
the problem is two of the three hinge screws ended up right at the join of the interior door frames and their casing. hollow core new doors would not be a problem. however the original wood doors are heavy solid yellow pine doors.
butting up the sheetrock to the casing would be a problem, since it is a pier and beam. any movement will separate the join between the casing and the sheetrock.
i don't want to replace the casings (good old clear southern yellow pine, stripped bare and ready for polyurethane). they are all 3/4" thick and 5" wide.
thanks in advance for any input/idea.
On 1 Dec 2006 15:45:19 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@altavista.net wrote:

Find hinges with a different hole-pattern? Or, if the ones you've got are unexceptional and hidden, just drill new holes in them.
snipped-for-privacy@altavista.net wrote:

http://www.hardwaresource.com/Store_ViewProducts.asp?Cat
On 1 Dec 2006 15:45:19 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@altavista.net wrote:

You made me look up this link I saw recently. The guy recycles old barns; etc. from Southern Pine.
A very nice floor....
http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/for/224196328.html
-- Oren