Interesting story about home automobile gasoline filling stations in residential property

Page 9 of 10
Ever heard of using a shopvac to clean out a gas tank?
http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2011/05/65-year-old_springfield_man_su.html
On 12/3/2011 2:46 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Ever hear of not top posting?

Got a URL? No, I've never heard of that.

Yes. It is called plonk.com. I've been tolerating you long enough now, as you occasionally have something relevant to post. And you even took your religious sig line off. However, if you fail to see the offensiveness of top posting your few word ootsie cutesie responses followed by an unsnipped 200 line conversation, there is no hope for you.
I refuse to read anything you have to post from now on.
You may leave now.
Steve
Re Re: Interesting story about home automobile gasoline filling stations in residential property:

Good move.

Don't blame me, Stormin started it.
On 12/3/2011 7:16 PM, Steve B wrote:

New one, to me. Thanks for sharing. That is almost a Darwin award candidate.

http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2011/05/65-year-old_springfield_man_su.html

Yes!!! Don't do it. Neighborhood fueds never turn out well. Find out who is doing it and charge him with harassment. You should lhave been documenting all that with dates, names, details from teh 2nd occurance.
Harry K
On Sat, 03 Dec 2011 08:30:16 -0800, Harry K wrote:

I wonder how to find out WHO called it in.
When I asked, they said it was anonymous.
I wonder if it really was. Maybe there is a public record?
Either way, I'll figure out something. He can't get too far from me without me seeing his dirty laundry (literally).

Sending in "tips" to the IRS and local tax authority can have amusing results

Each agency _will_ have a record on file of every complaint. FOIF request should work.
Of course the simple way is for you to quit that idiotic schlepping of gas cans and great wasting of time.
Harry K
On Sat, 10 Dec 2011 16:47:19 -0500, Robert Green wrote:

That brought a smile to my face. And the hint about the nuclear police reminded me of what Commander Rochefort did to the Japanese at AF Midway. :)

Another smile! :)

Nope, never.
But one of my ex-neighbors did. In fact, he was in a constant battle with the neighbor across the street. One day he comes home and finds a paper bag full of dog shit on his front stoop.
He storms across the street with the bag and starts yelling at the neighbor. After the argument escalates for a while he returns home threatening that he'll be back and there will be violence.
The neighbor follows him with a shovel and just as he reaches his house the neighbor hits him in the head with the shovel.
And that's how he became an ex-neighbor. A dead ex-neighbor.
--
Dan Espen

Now, to find out "which" neighbor is calling in, before you go make an innocent bystander miserable. Of course, it seems logical that the insect which is buzzing the loudest is the one that stung you.
Not sure I'd want to fight fire with fire (not funny) on this one.

I'm sure the city is NOT amused to have their inspectors sent out on false complaints whose sole intent is to harass the target. Talk to your local DA Ask him to get hold of your neighbor's phone records to verify if he made the calls If he did, then ask the DA to prosecute for malicious false complaints.

They are probably more than happy to go out on citizen complaints false or not. The only reason they wouldn't be is if it caused them to miss out on some revenue... which is doubtful.
Government historically encourages people to turn in their neighbors and family members, the USA is no exception these days.

It is going to get worse. The Brown Shirts are coming back. Rat on your neighbor. Rat on your parents.
A good friend of mine has a 16 year old daughter. She is typical. Can't understand why mom and dad have reservations about things like tattoos, body piercings, going to raves, staying out until 3 AM, etc.
Girl gets class at school that teaches her about domestic violence. Plus all this other ammunition of what legally constitutes domestic violence. She was told that if someone blocks her exit from a room, that is reason to call 911. Armed with all this ammunition, she's ready to go home and show Mom and Dad who's REALLY in command.
Daughter is being a putz one night, and dad puts his foot down. Daughter wants to retreat to bedroom before hearing all of what Dad has to say. Dad blocks way. Girl eventually gets to room, and calls 911.
Cops come. Parents, local very successful established businesspersons, are taken away in handcuffs. Children are taken into protective custody by officers whose duty is to protect and serve. Daughter and son spend six months in foster care. Family is finally reunited after six months.
Mom and Dad cannot have future children because of medical reasons. Were planning to adopt, but with domestic violence record, are permanently forbidden to even apply.
Daughter comes to Mom, and says that if she really understood what the consequences were, that she would have never called 911.
But, sorry, that wasn't included in DV101 at school.
The Brown Shirts are back.
Steve
On 12/3/2011 7:27 PM, Steve B wrote:

Might be common, but not typical.

It is truly hard to believe that a child was removed only for that reason. Lots of upstanding, successful people beat and molest their kids...read the news! Very sad, whatever the case.

I've seen plenty of d.v. close up; most often there is booze/drugs involved. Worked in drug rehab for a while and heard accounts of abuse that are hard to imagine...easier for women to counsel for it than for men, it seems. Hard for men to acknowledge being a victim, so it goes into storage.
Teaching about d.v. in high school has my vote - a lot of students are already in abusive relationships and a good number will be parents shortly.

First, identify that it is 109% positive that the neighbor you think it is is the correct one. If so, just look up practical jokes and pranks and books on how to get even on the Internet. There are a lot, and probably a lot for free. Third, go at it.
After that, it just depends on your level of vindictiveness and creativity. I would stick with things that unprovable, and likely do little damage. Don't do anything that might bring out the authorities, either, as they get highly pissed when someone breaks up their donut klatch. Something like throwing road kill over the fence. From there, you're on your own as to how far to go.
I really like the cable around the rear end of the police car in American Graffiti.
Of course, I have no personal knowledge of acts of revenge like that that I would like to publicly share. And in my case, you must remember that nothing was ever proven in a court of law.
Steve
On 12/2/2011 8:36 PM, worker bee wrote:

how to get even with your neighbor:
find a road kill deer and put it beside his house then call authorities for unpermitted deer kill in possession
find a dead skunk and put it into his trash can
call authorities that he is burying dead animals in his yard (they might dig it all up) (that happened to my bro in law)
call authority's that he has a pot grow operation in his house
call authorities that he has unlicensed explosives in the house and might be a terrorist
call authorities that he has un permitted internal remodeling in the house
call authorities that he is dumping motor oil in a hole in the yard
call authorities that he is making meth and put a small anhydrous tank along the home with a few ephedra pills next to it
call ATF that he has illegal automatic weapons in the house