Interesting story about home automobile gasoline filling stations in residential property

Page 3 of 10
So, do you boys discuss sex with center posters?

Add pictures here
βœ–

I'm sorry, my religion does not allow me to discuss such matters in mixed company. For was It not Jesus that said "thou shall not center post?" πŸŽ…

.
Add pictures here
βœ–
I think the Romans, was it, center posted Jesus between two thieves. Under a sign that said "Here is the king of the Jews".

βœ–

That's right! It was the stinkin' Roman's fault! They probably even top posted that "King of the Jews" stuff. Where were that netcops when we needed them?
Add pictures here
βœ–
dsi1 ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) writes:

Wadya mean "stinkin' Romans"??... Romans didn't stink... they invented plumbing!
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 12/6/2011 11:17 AM, M.A. Stewart wrote:

Good point! Let's just blame the Germans and be done with it. Don't even get me started with the Chinese and their side posting!
Add pictures here
βœ–

Indoor plumbing, outdoor public toilets (which there was quite a flap about on taxation), and homes with very very very large baths that were quite the thing. Not only from a hygiene point of view, but also from a social point. Quite the change many centuries before the Middle Ages when people bathed MONTHLY.
Steve
Add pictures here
βœ–

He certainly ended up that way.
Add pictures here
βœ–

His fans tend to be a little kooky...
Add pictures here
βœ–
dsi1 wrote:

Did you see David Bowie's portrayal of him in the movie "The Prestige"?
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)
On 12/6/2011 11:11 AM, jeff_wisnia wrote:

I did see that movie but I don't remember much about it. I'll have to check it out again. Thanks.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Mon, 5 Dec 2011 08:56:43 -0800 (PST), dsi1

That would work. It would have to be reasonably cost effective though. The Volt payback is in decades compared to a similar gas powered car.
Add pictures here
βœ–

How about hanging up your key ring, or putting it in your pocket? Pain in the ass, ain't it? You don't have to plug your Volt in at work. If your work round trip is beyond the the Volt range, you have choices without plugging in at work. 1. Don't buy a Volt. 2. Let the IC engine kick in for part of the trip.
--Vic
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Mon, 05 Dec 2011 16:17:59 -0600, Vic Smith

But it can be done at 68 to 70 degrees indoors, not at 10 degrees and a 30 mph wind like re-fueling.

I'm taking option 1.
Add pictures here
βœ–
I know electric heat is more expensive than fuel heat (at least in NYS). I'm guessing electric travel is more expensive. And then, the question of how many miles on a fill up, and how expensive the batteries when they die. With all those concerns, I'll stick with gasoline or diesel vehicles.

Add pictures here
βœ–
On 12/5/2011 3:08 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Heating stuff by running electricity through some wire is not an efficient way to produce heat. It's more efficient to use the electricity to run electric motors in a heat pump. At least, that's the way we heat water in our building. Burning fuel in an internal combustion engine is not an efficient way to produce rotary motion. Isn't most of it wasted heat?
Add pictures here
βœ–
Right on both counts. Would be nice to use the wasted engine heat to warm buildings, after running the steam turbine.

Add pictures here
βœ–
On Mon, 5 Dec 2011 08:08:51 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"

It is cheaper to run as the IC engine is not very efficient. The initial cost though, makes it prohibitive. I had the cost some time back and the payback for me is something like 28 years. I forget the numbers so I'm not going to guess here.
From what I've read, the heat and AC is not very good either, as you'd expect. I want some comfort in my 25 mile commute.
If the initial cost can be competitive in a small car, it would be good for the city commuter, the trip to the supermarket type of trip. That day may come, but it is not here yet.
Add pictures here
βœ–

My assumption is that the electric car will come to pass simply because it's going to be a lot cheaper and simpler and faster and more profitable to manufacture and sell. Technology moves fast these days.
Add pictures here
βœ–
<...snipped...>

No doubt we will have a model that flies, too, before long! :)
plausible, and wrong." (H L Mencken)
βœ–