Interconnected Smoke Alarms -- Options/Wiring -- Wireless?

Page 3 of 3
In typed: >> Here's one diagram that shows the interconnect wire shared in common,

I found this website link that explains the wireless devices and how they can be used to extend an existing hardwired system to additional devices wirelessly to avoid having to run additional hardwiring:
http://www.kidde.com/home-safety/en/us/products/fire-safety/smoke-alarms/rf-sm-acdc/
On Wednesday, March 16, 2016 at 9:14:32 AM UTC-4, TomR wrote:

So they can be used as essentially a bridge to connect two segments. I'd be more comfortable using it that way, than relying on wireless to connect them all. As long as the two are near enough, with no reason to expect blockage between them, then the link should be more reliable.
I guess if you relied on strictly wireless, the wireless signal just has to go from the tripped one to any one of the others. If it then trips any other one, that one will be trying to trip all the remaining ones, etc. A chain reaction effect. That would increase the reliability of the wireless connection part. So, maybe wireless is more reliable than I thought it would be.
On Sunday, March 13, 2016 at 8:04:42 PM UTC-4, Don Y wrote:

Using 14/3 is how every linked smoke detector I've seen installed around here is done. And the certainly sell replacement ones that are compatible with that. It sure seems like it would be easy to just pull up the install instructions for some typical alarms available at HD, etc and read them.
when installing connected smoke and presumably co2 detectors. put all of them on the same breaker!!!
HOWEVER not all by themselves, so someone cant turn off one breaker to silence them. then forget about it being off.
put a often used light on that breaker, like a kitchen light, so its not forgotten if its off.

The

em

at

ed

he

NOT

ext

m,

one

so

it

- Yes
I have

of

be

ff.

le

ng

Wireless means wireless. I noticed that my local electrical supply company is now carrying wireless smoke alarms. I had a customer who wanted to add smoke alarms to an existing wired system. The fire inspector told him it was acceptable to switch to a wireless system.
John Grabowski http://www.MrElectrician.TV
In typed:

Thanks. Good to know.