Intercom Recommendation Wanted

I live in a house about 100 feet from my daughter's house. There is a 24'W X 45' L X 16' H metal workshop between the two houses. I would like to get a wireless intercom system that would permit communication among all three buildings. I have a three-handset Panasonic phone with an intercom but it will not work across the metal building. It not feasible to run wiring between the buildings. Any suggestions for a wireless unit would be appreciated.

Reply to
evelyn davis

How about those FSR radios?

Reply to
professorpaul

As one has suggested, try the FRS radios available at any big-box or hardware store for $30-$100. Aluminum siding does cut the range down but those radios should be good for a mile or so unobstructed, so you should be ok.

Reply to
Bob M.

Are the three buildings served by the same electric circuits? If so, try a three station AC powered intercom. It uses the electric power for connection.

lee h

Reply to
lee_houston

Thanks for the suggestions. I had a couple of Motorola 6310 radios and they worked great so I bought another one olus charging docks for all three so I can leave them on all the time. The buildings have separeate electrice service.

Reply to
evelyn davis

Does it come from the same power transformer? If so a wireless (powerline) intercom may work. They don't work on all electrical systems.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd