Intercom / phone with LOUD ring

my local phone company discontinued their intercom feature that allowed my wife to call me in the shop using our phone ... So I need to find another method for her to call me...

I am retired and spend hours in the shop and most of the time I have some machine running and can not hear anything... To fix that I placed 4 Radio Shack Strobe lights on the walls of the shop which flashed when the phone rang... That worked...

My cell phone also works but to be honest I always forget to stick in in my pocket when I go down to the shop...

Family Radio work BUT I can never hear them'.. Old regular intercom never worked before since ...you guessed it I could not hear her calling)

Any suggestions....I really like to be on time when dinner is ready

Bob G.

Reply to
Bob G.

Lot's of companies make phones with an intercom system, Radio Shack has one with up to eight handsets.

Reply to
Jim Tiberio

You could get an X10 relay module to switch on the strobes for you.

(Or appliance or lamp)

You could get by with one of the starter kits that have a transmitter, receiver, and lamp module... under $50 i think.

Once your wife flashes you :) you can pick up the phone to see what she needs. (hit a single key like you are going to dial a number to turn off the dial tone for the few seconds before it times out)

Reply to
Philip Lewis

oh... another option is to rig up a "ringer" circuit and use the other pair of phone lines you likely have available.

Various theater sites have the circuity you need.

A third option: see if you have a "ringback" number for your area.

We used to be able to dial 998-xxxx (where xxxx = last 4 digits of our number) hang up, pick up, then hang up. After the second hangup, it would ring our line.

Reply to
Philip Lewis

You could buy a pair of surpluss TA312/AT field telephones from Fair radio sales or any other surplus dealer. They are also sold on Ebay. They will work over any pair of wires and since they produce standard ringing current they should work with your existing strobe lights.

is a picture of one.

-- Tom Horne

Reply to
Member TPVFD

-> You could buy a pair of surpluss TA312/AT field telephones from Fair

-> radio sales or any other surplus dealer. They are also sold on Ebay.

-> They will work over any pair of wires and since they produce standard

-> ringing current they should work with your existing strobe lights.

->

is a picture of one.

Man, THAT brings back a lot of memories!

Reply to
Suzie-Q