int door in 5 1/2" walls

My home has drywall with a 1/2" of plaster over top of it. Home was built in 1954, I would like to install new interior doors. Existing door all swing out into the hallway not into the bedrooms and bathroom, don't ask me why. All of the new pre-hung door are made for new 4 1/2" walls. I don't think that I just want to reverse the door itself due to the patching of the jams that would have to be done, never seen a very good patch job. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank in advance,

Reply to
Lee Kramer

PAUL100

You can buy jamb stock in various widths and make your own door jambs. It's not difficult.

RB

Lee Kramer wrote:

Reply to
RB

You could rehang existing doors to swing in, order prehung doors with the proper jamb width or build your own jambs on site.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Cochran