insulation question

I want to add a little more insulation in my attic (live in northern TX) and will probably have someone do it for me. Currently, I have about 8 inches of fiberglass roll insulation and I'm considering getting blown-in insulation. For various reasons(age, etc.), I don't think I want to do it myself.
My house was built in mid 70s with minimum insulation; I added some more roll insulation in late 80s, but I believe a little more would help hold down heating/cooling costs. Living area is about 2100+ sq ft.
What could I expect to pay to have a contractor blow in about 4 to 6 inches of insulation? My attic is fairly easy to access.
What type of blown insulation is best?

and
it
inches
Best, come on you sure do not expect an answer to that.
I paid $275 for R-30 of cellulous last July for ~1000 sqft. House built 1977 with R-13. Electric bill was 50% lower in August. I am in Phoenix.
Call some local contractors, that is the only way to tell for sure. I called 5 contractors, thought it over and called the low guy back the next day.
http://www.ornl.gov/%7Eroofs/Zip/ZipHome.html