Insulation - new house construction

I'm having a home built and stop by often to see the progress.

Last week the insulators were there, 2 days later I stopped by to see how that went. They had the exterior walls complete and about 3 feet from the wall for the vaulted ceiling. (the center of the house has a vault, the left and right sides are regular ceilings (bedrooms)). Went yesterday and saw that no further progress was made.

Then I checked the inspector checklist and saw they had approved the insulation. I was what the heck, the ceilings aren't insulated! I cannot imagine they won't be. The builders office is closed today so I cannot get a hold of the superindentent to ask.

Anyone have knowledge on what insulating will occur? Blown in after drywall?

Reply to
Shcr

Trying to second guess the building trades will get you into a tizzy every time. Why would you insulate the ceiling BEFORE the dry wall went up?

Reply to
SQLit

Read what he wrote- 'vaulted ceiling'. No attic over that space, probably. Hopefully, if the drywall guy shows up Monday, he'll point out the gap to the site foreman before he rocks that room. I grew up in the business- shit happens. Insulation guy ran out Friday afternoon, and supplier couldn't deliver till Monday. Or the 'as built' didn't match the plans, and he had to trim every bat. That is why you have a site foreman- to keep tabs on all that, and juggle the work schedules for the trades as needed. In most cases, not a big hairy deal- the trades know that by being flexible for the other guy today, when they need a favor from him on the next job, he'll help them out. As to why the inspector signed off- if he saw the rest was properly done, and knows and trusts the contractor, well, why make another trip back?

aem sends...

Reply to
ameijers