insulation around fireplace door

We recently bought a house with a fireplace. This is the first time either of us have vere had a fireplace. It is woodburning. We had a glass door and screen custom and installed made because the opening was so large. I noticed yesterday that there are some gaps where the door does not meet the brick. Undetandable since the brick is uneven, in an artsy kind of way. Is there an insulation I can buy to suff in the gaps that will resist the heat and prevent my conditioned air from going up the chimney? I can only find foam or the pink stuff at th looal stores. TIA

Reply to
ADC

Usually the doors come with installation in the frame. I would call up the installer and ask what's up with that. You may also want to use fireproof caulk but the stuff I've seen is red which may not be a color you want.

Reply to
Art

My fireplace guy gave me some insulation that looks like fiberglass but is better. I hope you have a damper because doors dont seal well.

Reply to
m Ransley

Don't use anything not rated for that use. I would suggest that you need not use anything. Normally they don't need to fit tight.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan