insulation

I am redoing the wiring in my house by fishing it through the walls and attic making small cuts where needed to pull it through. The outer walls have foam insulation and some of it has crumbled to dust while working and some of it has been cut out and saved. What is the best way to repair the insulation without ripping out the drywall? I have thought about putting the cut out stuff back and using canned spray foam do do the rest. Will this work?

That's what I'd do.
Dale McLaughlin wrote:

It wil work so long as you don't have too much area to fill. The canned foam is too expensive to use in a larger area. If the area is larger you might consider blowing in cellulose. The material is cheap and the blower can be rented. You only need a hole at the top of the wall cavity to insert a blower hose.
How old is this spray foam insulation? It seems troubling to describe it as "crumbled". I understand that the older formulations are more toxic and less satisfactory than newer ones, but in any case spray foam should be good stuff because it's both fire resistant and mold proof. Check out Tigerfoam.com and see what they say. You can purchase more foam and put it in yourself, at a cheaper price than the canned foam sold at Home Depot.
Lawrence wrote:

Alan wrote:

It's www.tigerfoam.com