Insulating the exhaust on my water heater?

Page 2 of 2

Toller wrote:

Hmm, I'd insulate heater tank. Never heard or saw exhaust insulated.

Insulating the line is very easy. Just replace the old single wall vent pipe with B vent. It is double walled for insulation, fairly inexpensive and adapters are readily available to attach to the top of the water heater. Elbows are available to handle any bends.
This is one of the main reasons for B vent, to maintain flue gas at a higher temperature for proper draft. Everything you need is at any Home Depot.
--
Dennis

On Mar 9, 7:16 pm, snipped-for-privacy@SPAMwowway.com (DT) wrote:

Wow, after all the discussion, that was a good post. That would seem to end the debate about whether it's possible and with an easy solution too.