Insulating over AC freon tubing?

I'm installing some insulation in a wall. There is a low and high pressure copper tubing for the A/C. Can I insulate over this tubing?
Also, later I might need to move this tubing. I will probably have to cut the tubing, install the new tubing and solder in the new section. What is the best way to do this?

Sure insulate away. The big pipe should have insulation over it anyway. Normally a black closed foam insulation.
You do not EVEN want to consider cutting these pipes, unless you are EPA certified and have a reclaiming machine. a vacuum pump holding tank VERY familar with silver soldering Please call a pro for this kind of work.
If it leaks you will be tearing out the wall after you finished everything.
Yes, you can insulate the tubing. It's got gas (or liquified gas) under pressure. If you want to cut and reatach the tubing, you'll need a licensed AC person to do it for you.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Sure.,
You can't.
Step one is to be licensed to handle the refrigerant.
Step two, evacuate the system and reclaim the refrigerant. It cannot be vented.
Then you cut ad replace the tubing. Refrigeration systems must be kept very clean. The oxidation from soldering the lines can cause a failure down the road. It is common practice to fill the tubing with nitrogen to avoid that. Or a new lineset with compression fitting is used.
Then it has to be leak tested
Next you draw a vacuum on the system to remove any air and moisture
Hundreds of dollars later you are ready to re-charge the system.
Thanks everyone! Now I know I can at least insulate it, but I'll have someone else do any type of soldering etc.

And unless you have a ductless split like a Mitsubishi or Sanyo unit, there is no reason to insulate the smaller line, and if you do, do NOT wrap it in the same Rubatex that you used on teh suction line....