Insulating Headers

Greetings:
I have what may be kind of a stupid question.
We had a home energy audit done last year, and we're following up on some of the recommendations to get some rebates.
One such recommendation was to insulate headers in the basement.
The question is: What the heck is a header and how does one insulate it?
Thanks!

Probably referring to the back (inside) of the sill plate which sits on top of the foundation wall. Most any kind of insulation would work there, batts, foam, whatever fits tightly in the space. If there is a lot of air leakage, foam would be nice choice, but such a small job might not appeal to the guys with the big spray rigs, and aerosol cans are too pricey. Maybe a comboination of systems would be cost effective.
Joe