Insulating blinds

Hi all:

We just recently got our windows replaced in our house, and consequently, our old blinds and such no longer fit. We had crappy cheapo miniblinds anyhow, ready for a change. But I'm shocked and appalled at the cost of blinds aside from the aforementioned crappy cheapo ones.

Anyone have experience using insulating blinds, like the cellular varieties? I figure if I have to spend some big bucks to just cover the windows, might as well try to get something that will save me money somewhere else.

Are they worth the money, or should I just forget this idea?

KD

Reply to
KD

i have some insulating cellular blinds on my south and west facing walls. they do work well, and it's very noticeable when the sun is shining on them when they are rolled up.

regards, charlie phx, az

Reply to
charlie

Considered insulated drapes?

Lou

Reply to
LouB

They advertise R3 or so with cellular blinds I have seen, there is one I saw online that sealed at the sides which looked good, it looks like a good idea, insulating curtains will also help. I would goodle insulating blinds ets , you will find interesting products

Reply to
ransley

Your new windows in theory solved your major heat loss problem.

I install blinds as a contractor. I read all the data sheets.

Make your blind selection based on what looks good and pleases you. The R-value is not worth paying extra for or living with something you don't like.

Reply to
Colbyt

I have cellular shades, and they seem to work. I have good Andersen windows, but when you raise the cell shades a crack on a cold morning, you can feel a draft. So based on that, I'd say they work.

Reply to
Buck Turgidson