Insulating Basement Wall with Gap

I'm insulating my basement walls with R-19 unfaced fiberglass in 2x4 wood frames. I'll be adding a vapor barrier afterward. In one area of my basement I must have a gap of about 8 inches between my framed wall and the poured concrete. Should I still insulate that area?

Also, I'm not planning on insulating one of the exterior basement walls at all because it's part of an unfinished storage area. So, there's a partition wall that separates the unfinished space that's about 6 feet from the exterior poured wall. Should I bother insulating that partition wall? Does it need a vapor barrier?

Opinions apprecaited! Thanks.

Kevin

Reply to
kevharper

if the area gets moist at all fibergalss is a poor choice, since when even a little moist its insulating value drops a lot.

foam in place will cost more but do a much better job.

fill the 8 inch space and defineely insulate all heated spaces

Reply to
hallerb