Insulating basement rafters

I have an old farmhouse in Mass and want to insulate the joists in the basement. Each bay is irregular and there is a snake pit of wires and pipes everywhere.
What's the easiest way to do this? I was thinking some sort of material stapled up and then insulation blown in? I need to provide access to the pipes and wiring.
One or two bays with older nob and tube, which I'll replace before doing this.
Thanks.
You will need a vapour barrier between the insulation and the bottom of the floor above also. If you can't get one in, you may be creating more problems than you solve.
--
Ron
Port Dover Ontario