insulated toilet tanks?

I just installed an "insulated "toilet and noticed that the top of the Styrofoam was all silicone caulked except for a 1" section near the flush mechanism. This makes no sense to me. As the tank fills, water rises between the Styrofoam and tank just like it wasn't there, this new cold water after every flush is going to cool the tank to the point condensation will form on the outside. Would it not make more sense if the entire top perimeter was sealed so at least the trapped air between the would prevent cold water from rising in this space. Even more effective would be to have it sealed with caulk at the bottom as well.
habbi wrote:

Not a problem. It is calked to keep it there. The small amount of water between the foam and the tank will not cause a problem.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
Well the toilet I am replacing (it was old and the wrong color for the remodelling) had the Styrofoam (again not totally sealed) and it sweated like crazy in the summer?

habbi wrote:

It sounds like a larger problem than the insulation is going to take care of.
Suggest reducing the humidity in the bathroom or tempering the incoming water.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
And installing one of the Fluidmaster "Leak Sentry" units.

care of.

incoming water.

Michael Baugh wrote:

Very good point. Habbi, check for a leak. If there is a leak, then cold water is always coming in and you get the result you are seeing. The first place to check is the flapper valve. You can just dump some food coloring into the tank and wait an hour and see if the bowl is colored. If so you need to service the flapper valve.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
Well like I said I just put a new one in and maybe the old one was leaking but nobody ever complained about hearing the old one "dribbling" (the sound it makes when the flapper is leaking) Anyway I caulked the spot I had mentioned, I can't see how it would do any harm.

habbi wrote:

I don't either.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
Could you explain the Irish math thing?

habbi wrote:

26 Counties of the Republic (The South) and 6 Counties of the North equal one whole country, people and island as it was before the English
--
Joseph E. Meehan

Dia's Muire duit