Installing Whirlpool - Cement bed Or Construction Glue?

I downloaded the instructions for installing a Kohler Devonshire alcove whirlpool. Either construction glue or a cement bed can be used to install the tub. This is the model I plan to buy next month.

Is there any advantage to using cement over construction glue? less noise and vibration perhaps?

Reply to
Jim

I installed one with a mortar bed. It make the bottom very solid feeling. I build up a small dam out of cardboard to contain the mortar then squished the tub into it. The purpose of the mortar is to make sure the tub is fully supported underneath so it doesn't crack when stepped in.

Reply to
No