Installing Tyvek Barrier over T1-11 with mildew.

     I'm going to install vinyl siding around my house, is it necessary to remove mildew from the T1-11 siding before installing Tyvek Moisture-Resistant Barrier over the T1-11?
Thanks in Advance Eddie
On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 00:05:50 +0000, Eddie

I don't suppose it too be absolutely necessary, but I would make the effort to clean this up. Post a picture link...
-- Oren
On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 00:05:50 +0000, Eddie

You're joking right?
On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 17:37:38 -0700, jkas wrote:

Are you serious?
-- Oren

Sort of like asking "should I wipe my ass since I'm wearing underwear anyway?"

But is it clean underwear?
FMB (North Mexico)
Eddie wrote:

Mildew indicates a moist condition. Is the siding wet?
I would be concerned about the moisture content.
If the climate is humid and it is just a bit of mildew due to the humid conditions AND the T1-11 is not wet, then no problem. Make a solution of 1 cup of bleach to a gallon of water. Spray it on the mildew with a pump sprayer, then apply your tyvek.
Pay no attention to the ones that are terrified of a little mildew. That is a common trait, nowadays.
--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.
Robert Allison wrote:

I cleaned one side of the house when I got home from work. Only took an hour or so. Easy enough. I think it is mostly humidity. Some of the plastic guttering is fouled up. I will most likely replace all the guttering.
Thanks