Installing Sheetrock over Wallpaper

I just bought a home that was built in 1925. The bedroom walls have wood paneling over wallpaper. I will remove the wood paneling but do not want to remove the wallpaper. I'm afraid if I remove the wallpaper, I will peal off some of the paint which may contain lead. So, I would like to install 1/4 or 1/4 sheetrock on top of the wallpaper. Is this a good or bad idea?
you know you want to get inside all the walls and insulate them for year round comfort, as well as put in electrical updates and cable and phone and internet and a skylight first. and maybe add a vanity sink.

The suggestion to insulate is an excellent one.
To answer your question, as long as the wall is sound no reason you can't add a layer.
Colbyt

My home is apparently drywall over plaster. Gives it lots of thermal mass for little temperature variation during heating season, and cool during days if ventilated on summer nights, requiring minimal air conditioning. But I think I have blown-in insulation (and steel storm windows).
Spacers and possibly longer screws may be needed for any switches or wall outlets to bring them flush with the new wall.