Installing sconces on sides of cabinets?

Hello - can anyone tell me if this is possible?
I have one double hung kitchen window with a set of wall cabinets flanking each side of the window. Aside from a ceiling light above the window, I would like to install (hard wire) a small sconce on each side of the left and right cabinet - for additional light.
Does this require any additional depth other than the width of the cabinet box? Would the wiring be noticeable inside the cabinets, etc? Any help/advice would be appreciated!
Mike
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com spake thus:

The wiring would pretty much *have* to be noticeable, as you can't really hide it anywhere (that is, unless you build some kind of box within the cabinet to conceal it).
You could use the wiring channel called Wiremold, which is probably as unobtrusive as you can get, and (I think) legal: as always, you should check with your local building inspectors. It's made for exposed wiring in interior spaces, and doesn't look too bad. But you'll have to build at least a small box behind the fixture inside the cabinet. Maybe a small aluminum electronics project enclosure might work here, painted. They come in a bunch of different sizes.
--
Napoleon won the battle of Waterloo. The German Wehrmacht won World War
II. The United States won in Vietnam, and the Soviets in Afghanistan.
On 20 Sep 2006 22:43:26 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

You should probaly run armored cable for that application, not knowing what people are going to put in the cabinets. Yes it will be noticable, less so if you run it up/down the front corner than the back, but it's inside the cabinet. Who really cares?
If it bothers you a lot, you can probably run low-voltage or LED fixtures with thinner wires in a trench gouged in the carcass, and filled over with wood-putty.
On 20 Sep 2006 22:43:26 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Or, of course, you could hide a tesla-coil somewhere and just pump electrons at flourescent bulbs with no wiring at all. Be easier and safer to mount mirrors, though.
That's what I figured - thanks for all the great suggestions (just might work)!