Installing rope lights

Hi, I want to install rope lights(120 volt) on top of my kitchen cabinets. I need to span approximately 4 feet past a window to get at another group of cabinets, how do I connect one section with the other and what can I use to create this gap? Thank you
I have rope lighting, the ones that I have plug into each other to mak e a length of about 35 ft IIRC. Not sure just how you can traverse the 4 ft other than having the lights being seen , which if I gather right, you do not want that. The only suggestion that I can think of would be to cover the visable lights with a valance or soething of that nature.
Searcher
Shopdog wrote:

why not install a length of plastic conduit across the gap and slide the rope light inside it?

heat buildup if there are any lights inside the tube.

Check with the manufacturer for their listed accessories. Some will have an extension cord that has the proper connectors to plug into the rope. You can't make up rope light assemblies in the field but as long as the accessories plug into the factory connectors you are OK.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Sounds good, thanks!