Installing Programable Thermostat - Help?

Trying to go from a four wire cooling/heating unit to a Honeywell RTH7000 series. I cannot get the cooling unit to go on, everything is hot air. I have the following wires:
Y Rc G O
On my old unit the Y was attached to both the Y and W. Does this mean I have to run some kind of jumper between the Y and W in the Honeywell thermostat? Can anyone help?
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

No manual? You can download it from Honeywell. Or try www.hvacmechanic.com
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

If there are only four wires you will probably need to pull a new thermostat wire with more conductors Check this link http://www.toad.net/~jsmeenen/wiring.html