Installing polystyrene in basement

I'm starting to finish my basement and I decided to put up polystyrene against the cement basement walls and then stick frame 2x4 walls off of that. My question is should the polystyrene be touching the floor or should there be a slight gap between the polystrene and the floor? Would a gap help if there was ever a drainage issue?
The answer to this and any other tip would be appreciated.
Thanks, Mark
see: http://www.buildingscience.com/resources/basements.htm