Installing pellet stove into existing prefab wood stove chimney

I have a woodstove installation in my lower level with a double-walled stainless steel modular chimney up the side of the house (legal and safe). After an addition is constructed, the existing chimney will be boxed in (legal and safe). My plan is to replace the woodstove with a pellet stove in that same spot. Due to constraints, I can't vent it right out the back wall, so it seems that the best choice is up through the existing chimney. My question - can I simply connect the pipe from the pelletstove to the chimney and leave it at that? The installation will have the appropriate clearances, so my main concern is the feasibility and workability of venting a pellet stove into a 6' ID prefab chimney pipe.
You will have to look around to find the adapters. Lowes doesn't have much. Is your pellet stove 3 or 4 inch? You might try a stove shop but be prepared to be sold something. I finally got and adapter from the company that sold me the stove over the internet. The whole situation was quite tring and I had to make at least trips.
northcountry wrote:

I'm just wondering if using my existing chimney amounts to an "approved" installation method. If it does, then someone must make the necessary adapters/hardware to do the job. I don't have the stove yet, but if requires 3" pipe for the enire length, then it seems I could slide right up through the existing chimney. 4" may even fit, but I'd have to check. My chimney is @ 20 ft tall.
Thanks for the reply
Len Shure wrote:

have