Installing parquet wood flooring

Hi there, I'll be installing parquet wood flooring soon. This is the kind where you use the glue and set the 12"x12" tiles. But first I am removing the old vinyl floor, about 15 years old. I think they are the kind that are self sticking. I've removed some of them with a scraper and heat gun. There is some residual tackiness left by the old adhesive. How important is it to remove this stuff...I really can't see it. If I need to remove it..how do I do it? Can I just paint over it with some sort of primer?

thanks in advance for your help

Mike

Reply to
postreply

One more thing I forgot to ask.....

I was thinking of giving the floor a light sanding and applying several coats of polyurethane so it would have a smooth finish. Would that be a bad idea?

thanks >

Reply to
postreply