installing outlet for under cabinet lights in kitchen

I have seen people install outlets inside their cabinets for the undercabinet lighting. I was wondering if there is anything wrong with putting the outlet on top of the cabinet on the back wall where nobody sees it, then run the cord inside the cabinet along the side and out the bottom. The reason I ask is because I have 6" space above my cabinets and I also have rope lighting . It's just easier to have a duplex outlet on top and divide each plug for a seperate function. One plug for the undercounter lights and one for rope lighting.

Reply to
Mikepier

Nothing wrong at all. Frequently if you have a corner cabinet, there's a channel you can run wiring from the top of the cabinets to the bottom with no cutting required. A small hole on the top and bottom plate of one cabinet also allows you to run the cord through the inside instead on the outside.

-- "Tell me what I should do, Annie." "Stay. Here. Forever." - Life On Mars

Reply to
Rick Blaine