installing outdoor hi-hats under eaves

I have a split-level house which I would like to install 3 hi-hats under the eaves of the upper level. What type of hi -hats are used for this application, the basic Halo hi-hat or is there something special for this application? Also should I get the new construction type since I have access to the attic or get the remodel type?

Reply to
Mikepier

The Halo H7 and H99 housings are rated for damp locations so I believe that they would be acceptable for your purposes. It has been my experience that the overhang is usually a very tight space to work in from the attic. A new construction housing needs to be nailed or screwed in. This could be difficult from the attic. The remodel housings may be the way to go. You should also check the height in that space before cutting holes.

John Grabowski

John Grabowski