Installing new windows

I've removed 7 old windows and installing 7 new ones exact size.

I would be best way to install window to ensure there's no outside draft getting through?

Normally I just install window and of course foam core is on the house......then squirk that expandable spray installation between window and frame.

Reply to
Devils Advocate

There is also a waterproof, draft-proof "tape" you can install on the exterior flanges, if you have exterior flanges.

Reply to
HA HA Budys Here

Reply to
Devils Advocate

Then you've no flanges on that type of window.

Reply to
HA HA Budys Here

Draft is a lot less an issue than that WATER stuff.

Given that these are holes into your house and into the wall, you might wanna have a pro come in and work with you on it.

Flashing and insulation depend on exposure and your geography.

(said the guy dealing with replacing some sliding doors because the builder flashed it just fine for a house that doesn't get hard winds coming up a hill and blowing water UP. Then I get to fix/replace some floors).

Reply to
Chuck Yerkes