installing new toilet over slab

Should I go above the slab with a raised platform or jack hammer out a space to put level with top of foundation slab? I'm going to have to go out through a cinderblock wall if it's above the level of the slab or I could jack hammer out the entire "slot" to run it out through the slab. Not sure how I would patch the slab afterwards so I'm leaning to the raised floor.
Brad
Add pictures here
βœ–

I would go thru the slab floor for a neater job, raised platforms always looked hacked to me.
or buy one of those pricey toilets that discharge above using a pump
Add pictures here
βœ–

Oh yeah, I should have thought of this. REAR DISCHARGE toilets are an option.
I agree about the crappy look of the platforms!
Add pictures here
βœ–

I have a half bath that is raised about 8 inches above the rest of the family room that is on a slab. It doesn't look funny because the entire bathroom is raised, not just the toilet.
Add pictures here
βœ–

If you have access to an outside wall I would strongly recommend that you go with one of these, they’re great.
http://common.csnstores.com/common/products/ASD/ASD5881_l.jpg
Add pictures here
βœ–

Yeah, I had forgotten about these with my first post. Looks like the way to go. Thanks!
Add pictures here
βœ–
BradMM wrote:

It should be possible to jack-hammer a hole for the toilet and trench under the slab to reach the hole.
Add pictures here
βœ–