Installing Laundry Sink in basement, do I need a sink pump?

I would like to put a laundry sink in the basement (w/ the washer and dryer which is already there) but need to figure out how I am going to drain the sink. I thought I could just piggy back onto the washer, use the same water and drain. I then realized that the bottom of my sink will be about six inches lower than the top of the lowest point I can make the drain intake. If my theory is correct, the sink will drain to this point and stop since water naturally levels. I'm not a physics expert but is there a way around installing a pump for just six inches? I thought maybe?? a check valve would work, but somehow doubt it..... My main reservation agaist the pump is the cost - ~ $200. I had hoped this would be a cheap and simple project. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.
How about a six inch platform to set the sink on?

g,
I'm not clear on what you mean when you write " the top of the lowest point I can make the drain intake". The washer should go to pipe which has a trap. Is your sink lower than this trap?
Dave M.

Yes it is and I cannot raise the sink on a platform since my wife is short and woud not be able to reach the bottome of the sink.
On 18 Feb 2007 09:55:23 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Unless you made the platform for her to stand on too. I don't like it, but it's an idea.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Instead of a deep laundry tray, could you maybe use a stainless kitchen sink? That might just make up the 6" diff. Jim
| I'm not a| physics expert but is there a way around installing a pump for just | six inches?
if you only have 6 inches you need a pump.
I thought maybe?? a check valve would work, but somehow | doubt it..... My main reservation agaist the pump is the cost - ~ | $200.
only 24.95 here http://www.kittenstoyroom.com/xcart/catalog/penis_pumps-p-1-c-27.html
I had hoped this would be a cheap and simple project. Any | ideas are greatly appreciated. |
hope you can appreciate MY IDEAS
On Feb 17, 2:55 pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Have a sump pump? Drain into that, mine does. Might not be legal though.
Harry K