Installing hose on a LG LHD45 EL Dehumidifier?

Hi folks:
At wit's end. I've checked using Search, but see nothing to help me, so here's the question:
I have a sump pummp in the basement, to which I want to attach an external hose running from this dehumidifier. The instructions tell you to use a supplied disconnected plastic pipe, about nine inches long, with threads at one end (to attach a garden hose?) and narrower at the other end. To use a hose, you're supposed to (a) punch out the cut-out in the back of the dehumidifier about a foot from the bottom, (b) screw the threaded part of the plastic pipe into a hose, (c) insert the other end of the pipe into the cut- out hole in the back far enough for the other end to enclose the plastic pipe that the water drips out of, and (d) "lock" the pipe into place with a couple of plastic tabs sticking out of it. I punched out the cut-out in the back and found black filter material, something like an air conditioner filter. There is no cut out hole to be seen anywhere. All I can do is push the plastic pipe into the hole at which point of course, it falls on to the floor. There is a drip hole in the front of the unit if you remove the bucket. However, once you have removed the bucket, you can't turn the unit on. Plus there is no way the plastic pipe can attached to that drip hole either.
Is there any way to get the water to the pump-even some way to jury rig this thing? ? Clearly, there is some design defect somewhere or I am missing something Big Time. I have no floor drain, so the sump pump is a must.
Thanks- JS
JS wrote:

I've got the same dehumidifier, and it's pretty self evident to me how to hook up the drain hose - are you looking at the right knockout? if you look at the back of the unit, it's on the very left, almost directly in line with the little pipe that drips the water into the bucket.
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Thanks, Nate. On my unit, there is only one knockout. As you say, it's on the left about 9 or so inches up. There is nothing behind the knockout except for black filter-like material.
JS wrote:

Mine doesn't have that, just some gasket stuff that easily pushes out of the way.
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
This is a quote from another poster at http://www.fixya.com/support/t195021-lg_lhd45el_dehumidifier "Push through the membrane with the drain connector. The membrane has a circular cut almost all the way through it, and pushing at it with the drain connector will pop out the little hole. I've done it with four LG units."

replying to John F. F., Brad wrote:

The elbow is missing from your unit. I bought three of these units and one came like yours without the elbow. One is working just fine with its elbow . The others elbow broke off when I looked at it. Kidding but that is a big pain about these units the elbow design is bad . I also have the same problem with another unit made by a different company.
Brad, this post is almost 6 yrs old!
Something is missing there. I have one just like it and know what you're talking about but i'm several miles from it. BUT, you could cut the end off your hose, push it through, and clamp it on to the elbow they want to to engage the plastic pipe with. Put a screw clamp on it and you're done.