Installing gutters

I'm going to install some gutters and leaf deflectors from a box store; there are none on the house now. It seems simple enough, are there any potential pitfalls I should be aware of?

Reply to
John Harlow

if you want a 'tip', make sure the gutters slope so they will actually drain.

if it were me, i'd head down to the library and do a little research though. its not rocket science, but it does have to be done correctly.

randy

Reply to
xrongor

Don't fall off the roof!

Reply to
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliot

"John Harlow" wrote in news:QZqdnaPZC-3IpD_cRVn- snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

The prior owners didn't have the gutters installed correctly and the basement always got water in it. Then I had a professional installation and no more wet basement.

Reply to
RobertPatrick

Pay a little extra and get the vinyl. They are less likely to fail after a few years. Ditto on the slope - not too much, not too little.

Pj

Reply to
PJx

Interesting - do you recall what the difference was?

Reply to
John Harlow