Installing gutters

I'm going to install some gutters and leaf deflectors from a box store; there are none on the house now. It seems simple enough, are there any potential pitfalls I should be aware of?
if you want a 'tip', make sure the gutters slope so they will actually drain.
if it were me, i'd head down to the library and do a little research though. its not rocket science, but it does have to be done correctly.
randy

John Harlow wrote:

Don't fall off the roof!
--
Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Elliott
71 Type 2: the Wonderbus

The prior owners didn't have the gutters installed correctly and the basement always got water in it. Then I had a professional installation and no more wet basement.

Interesting - do you recall what the difference was?
On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 14:09:08 -0500, "John Harlow"

Pay a little extra and get the vinyl. They are less likely to fail after a few years. Ditto on the slope - not too much, not too little.
Pj