installing gutters

Anyone know the trick to cutting an X in a gutter to attach a downspout? Just use tin snips? Or is there a pro trick?
Add pictures here
✖
alextexsuarez had written this in response to http://www.thestuccocompany.com/maintenance/installing-gutters-398957-.htm :
jamesgangnc wrote:

-------------------------------------
try to cut an X with a dremel small round cutter or similar from outside of the gutter and carefully with your fingers push down to bend aluminum,the cuts that you just bended are for put screws on each side to hold downspout.
Add pictures here
✖
On Oct 8, 3:45 pm, alextexsuarez_at_hotmail_dot snipped-for-privacy@foo.com (alextexsuarez) wrote:

Two screws should be enough unless it is a long way to the first support of the downspout.
Add pictures here
✖
jamesgangnc wrote:

Pro's have punches.
I use a Greenlee for the corners, then can snip between.
A small angle grinder works in a pinch.
Just regular snips are a pita unless you have an offset handle pair.
✖

Don't confuse me for a pro. :)
Score the outline (rectangles are easier than rounds). Run over this 2-3 times. Make the X cut and keep scoring it till the utility blade cuts through. Use pliers or small vice grips to remove the quarters.
I have done it this way many times.
--
Colbyt
✖

Thanks everyone. I'll be trying a few of these suggestions this weekend.
Add pictures here
✖

Punch a hole in the center, then use a nibbler to make the X.
$7 here http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber—636
--

Roger Shoaf

✖

Ok I ended up with my own technique :-)
Draw the X inside. Hammer and wood chisel with a scrape of lumber oriented grain in the direction of the cuts. Chisel straight down and then move over. Fast and accurate.
Add pictures here
✖