installing exterior vent for hood

I'm redoing the kitchen in the upstairs appartment. everything's gone except the studs. there's no insulation, no drywall or cabinets.
there's no hole in the wall for a hood vent either.
how do I install one? I have a plan for the kitchen, but it's not written in stone. when the kitchen installer comes, he might move the cabinets to make everything fit, so I don't have a precise location down to the milimeter. if I make a hole where I believe the hood will go, and then the cabinets move by an inch, can I still fit the range vent hood?
Have the installer take care of it. Slip him a few dollars.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

I can't do that
right now I'm down to the skeleton in the kitchen. I can eaily make a hole in the wall and install the pipe, put foam in the cracks around the hole etc. if I put the isolation in, and the vapor barrier, and the drywall, it's not as easy anymore to cut through. how do I know I'm not cutting through a stud or electrical cable?