Installing Drywall Ceilling

Depending on the amount of shielding required they are 1/16 or 1/8 thick. Set the nose of the screw gun to break the face of the paper (yea, I know - I guess the bonded lead is doing most of the carrying) They are already sized to the dimension of the screw head, a dot of caulk and push it in the hole. Tape and bed as per normal. The lead sheet is bigger than the drywall sheet so that it covers/protects the edge joints.

Rico, I guess I was remembering the miseries of working the material and the tediousness of the installation, it did not leave many fond memories. We designed and manufactured a special rack to mount to a fork lift to hoist the sheets to the ceiling. This room was for exray examination of aircraft parts. It was a sizeable room. Gyp for the fire rating and lead for the x=rays. ______________________________ Keep the whole world singing . . . . DanG (remove the sevens) snipped-for-privacy@7cox.net

Reply to
DanG

Marcellus

????????????? My wife and I did quite a bit of drywalling on the ceiling with 5/8 4x10 sheets. Why did you need 3 people to do 4x8? I have done a bit of 4x8 alone. Six screws held it up quite nicely, 3 screws each on 2 rafters.

Mike D.

Reply to
Mike Dobony

Been there. Done that. Nail pops all over. Zero nail pops when I did it myself.

Mike D.

Reply to
Mike Dobony

I am so glad to hear that earthquake is not one of them. What a relief!!!

Hahahaha!!!!

Reply to
Tom

????????????????????? You use nails instead of screws?

RicodJour

You don't know the OP's age, health, physical size and condition. You also don't know any of those things about his helpers. Actually, you know nothing about him at all other than the fact that he's not used to doing drywall. So why are you commenting on your strength in his thread?

RicodJour