Installing Drywall Ceilling

Page 2 of 2
Depending on the amount of shielding required they are 1/16 or 1/8 thick. Set the nose of the screw gun to break the face of the paper (yea, I know - I guess the bonded lead is doing most of the carrying) They are already sized to the dimension of the screw head, a dot of caulk and push it in the hole. Tape and bed as per normal. The lead sheet is bigger than the drywall sheet so that it covers/protects the edge joints.
Rico, I guess I was remembering the miseries of working the material and the tediousness of the installation, it did not leave many fond memories. We designed and manufactured a special rack to mount to a fork lift to hoist the sheets to the ceiling. This room was for exray examination of aircraft parts. It was a sizeable room. Gyp for the fire rating and lead for the x=rays. ______________________________ Keep the whole world singing . . . . DanG (remove the sevens) snipped-for-privacy@7cox.net

DanG wrote:

I do not doubt the veracity of your anecdote. Your sanity on the other hand... ;)
I just liked the mental image of a guy plugging the wall with bullets. I'm sure it would be faster and a hell of a lot more fun!
By the way, to an entomologist lead slug would indicate an alpha mollusk without a shell.
The term "buckeroo" shall hereafter be construed to be the equivalent of ;)

High prices hold it up. <grin>
More seriously, we use 32 screws or more on half inch four by eight. It's about sixty pounds, so that's less than two pounds per screw.
If we're doing five eighths, we double screw.
Haven't had any fall down yet.
Ken
Rent a wallboard lift better yet hire a drywall hanger, an entire room can be hung in about 15 to 20 minutes walls and ceiling

On Wed, 08 Mar 2006 02:28:22 GMT, Marcellus wrote:

Been there. Done that. Nail pops all over. Zero nail pops when I did it myself.
Mike D.
Mike Dobony wrote:

????????????????????? You use nails instead of screws?
Tom wrote:

Think Gulliver and the Lilliputians.