Installing Drain tile

I have replacing the drain tile in my basement. The new pipes I bought are 4 inches by ten feet long grey PVC with holes on the side every six inches. The holes are not exactly in the center of the pipe, but are closer to the bottom on one side My question is, which way does the pipe go in, with the holes closer to the ground or with the holes more upward?
Dale Klaves wrote:

the holes on top means the water has to get to the top before it gets into the holes.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

When I was looking at putting in a french drain, I was told to have the holes as low as possible. This way water gets into the piping fast, since that is its pupose.
tom @ www.BlankHelp.com